Environmental Protection Policy
AB Akola Group and its subsidiaries (hereinafter – the Group) have a significant impact on the environment in the areas they operate. Therefore, they are concerned with the environmental impacts of their activities. The purpose of the Environmental Protection Policy of the Group (hereinafter – EPP) is to define the main environmental guidelines for the implementation of sustainable development business culture and practice in the companies and business environment of the Group. We strive to apply the principles of this policy in all the companies of the Group, also in all the phases of the life cycle of products and services provided to our customers.
Energy consumption, emission of greenhouse gases and waste are the most important environmental concerns. The companies of the Group must look for ways to save energy, use of renewable energy sources, prevent use of hazardous materials, improve waste management, comply with work environment and product quality requirements, monitor data and information about the impacts of the organization on the environment.
The companies of the Group shall be guided by the following principles:
- The companies shall fully comply with any environmental legislation and legal acts valid in the countries, where they operate.
- The companies shall assess and gradually reduce the impacts of their economic activities on the environment along the entire product and services supply chain. The companies shall endeavour to reduce the consumption of energy, raw materials and other resources in every way through the implementation of the latest available eco-friendly technical solutions. Thus, they shall: reduce CO2 emissions by decreasing the amounts pollutants emitted by the vehicles of the companies; reduce the number of business travels by car and by plane by replacing them with modern eco-friendly means of communications, i.e. video and teleconferences, internet, etc.; reduce the amount of paper used in the offices per 1 employee compared with the previous year; maintain the same water and fuel consumption per 1 employee, as the previous year; and maintain the same energy consumption level per 1 employee as the previous year.
- The companies shall use and promote development of eco-friendly technologies, products and services. They shall apply high quality and environmentally less harmful materials and measures, as well as processes and technologies that do not contribute to environment pollution and do not cause other damage.
- The companies shall keep record of the indicators to facilitate the measurement of achievement and change that shall be specified in publicly available annual reports of AB Akola Group.
- The companies shall support preventive measures for the management of environmental impacts in everyday activities and the entire value chain.
- The companies shall reduce the amount of waste and arrange for the responsible management and sorting of waste: office paper, cardboard packaging, plastic and electronic devices shall be managed as secondary materials.
- The companies shall immediately notify the customers, partners and other parties about any unusual situation that might cause significant environmental damage and take every step and measure to reduce or prevent it, and to eliminate the consequences, whenever it is impossible to reduce or prevent it.
- The companies shall always publish information about their environmental activities transparently and reliably.
- The companies shall ensure that all the employees are familiar with this policy and promote in every way responsible behaviour and involvement in environmental activities at the workplace and outside the company. They shall also promote sorting and disposal of waste and shall inform the employees regularly about sorting opportunities and benefits.