AB Linas Agro Group and its subsidiaries (hereinafter – the Group) strive to create working environment, where all the employees could realise their full potential.
The Group is for the diversity of the employees. So it tries to ensure that any applicants for the vacancies of the company are treated fairly and are employed in the company based on their qualification and skills. The Group promotes working environment and culture, where the dignity of every person is highly respected. The Group believes that all employees must be provided with an opportunity to improve their qualification, to access to professional training, retraining, provided with equal benefits regardless of gender, race, nationality, language, origin, social status, faith, beliefs or convictions, age, sexual orientation, disability, ethnic affiliation and religion.
In implementing its principles of gender equality and non-discrimination on any other grounds, the Group establishes this non-discrimination policy (NP) that implements and defines the general provisions of the Group regarding gender equality and non-discrimination issues and lays down the key guidelines for the implementation of the non-discrimination policy.
- All the companies of the Group shall apply the same criteria and requirements for the selection of employees. Candidates shall be selected and employed only based on the assessment of their competence and personal features required for the position that they applied for. Only persons, whose qualification and experience are relevant for the position, shall be selected and employed.
- The employees of the Group, who are responsible for the selection of candidates, job interviews and recruitment, shall be well-aware of the selection criteria and the requirement to implement the equal rights policy. Whenever possible, a candidate shall be interviewed by at least two employees of the company.
- The announcements about the vacancies shall be prepared so that it is clear for the readers that a person of any gender, race, nationality, language, origin, social status, faith, beliefs or convictions, age, sexual orientation, disability, ethnic affiliation or religion can apply for it.
- In setting the amount of remuneration for specific employees of the Group, responsible employees shall be guided by objective criteria exclusively related to the qualification of the employee, the degree of responsibility, the type of work, the performance results and other objective criteria. The amount of remuneration must not be set based on employee’s gender, race, nationality, language, origin, social status, faith, beliefs or convictions, age, sexual orientation, disability, ethnic affiliation and religion.
- All the employees of a specific company of the Group, who are doing the same or adequate work, shall be paid the same amount of remuneration regardless of their gender, race, nationality, language, origin, social status, faith, beliefs or convictions, age, sexual orientation, disability, ethnic affiliation or religion. The same work means doing the same activity that is objectively the same or similar to another activity to the extent that both the employees can replace one another without significant increase in costs for the employer. Adequate work means that it objectively does not require lower qualifications and that it is of the same importance to the employer in trying to achieve the goals of the company, as the work it is compared with.
- In the companies of the Group candidates for promotion shall be selected exclusively based on the criteria related to their personal skills, abilities, the quality of work and personal achievements in professional field.
- All the companies of the Group shall provide opportunities for the improvement of qualifications, pursuing professional development, retraining, acquiring practical work experience and shall also provide equal benefits.
- All the companies of the Group shall take steps to prevent bullying, sexual harassment and giving pro-discrimination instructions.
- The managers of the entities of the Group shall take measures to ensure that the employee is not subject to persecution and is protected from hostile treatment or adverse consequences if he or she files a complaint concerning discrimination or is involved in a case concerning discrimination.
- The managers of the entities of the Group are responsible for the communication and implementation of this Policy, i.e., they shall ensure that all the employees of the company are familiar with the Non-discrimination Policy of the Group and comply with it. The companies of the Group shall approve procedures for implementation of the Non-discrimination Policy in the company and ensure that their employees are well aware of it.
- All the employees of the Group are responsible personally for compliance with the NP in their daily activities and shall notify about any potential or actual infringements of the Non-discrimination Policy.