Animal Welfare Policy
AB Linas Agro Group and its subsidiaries (hereinafter – the Group) are one of the major milk suppliers in Lithuania and the largest poultry producer in Latvia. We work in compliance with the principles of justice and transparency, legislation of the European Union, Lithuania and Latvia regulating animal welfare. Recognising that animals are sentient beings and in attempt to ensure the welfare of the farm animals, the Group establishes the following Animal Welfare Policy:
- Good handling of animals and ensuring proper animal farming conditions reflect our progress.
- The dairy farms and poultry farms of the Group are modern and meet the highest European standards. In their activities they are guided by the following principles: the best conditions possible, balanced nutrition, skilled care and prevention of diseases for farm animals.
- Farm animals raised in the Groups shall be provided with an opportunity for natural development and behave naturally.
- High standards of hygiene and sanitation shall be complied with in livestock farms and poultry farms, and the improvement of animal welfare shall be a constant process.
- During reconstruction of farms, much attention is given to the legal acts regulating animal welfare.
- Only qualified specialists are employed and working in the agricultural companies and poultry farms of the Group, which enables us to ensure the best conditions for animal keeping in the farms.
- The Group undertakes to assess its performance regularly in order to ensure top level animal welfare and production efficiency.
- The managers of the entities of the Group that keep animals are responsible for the implementation of this policy. Therefore, they shall duly communicate it to the employees, so that they are well aware of the policy and comply with it.